/> Raising Angels: Muffins for Mom

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Muffins for Mom



This morning I was honored to attend Muffins for Mom at the boys' school. We ate the muffins together and then they both presented me with homemade gifts for Mother's Day.

Aiden presented me with this. And, yes, that's a picture of me.

It was a throw back to the Mad Libs game of old where they just asked each child the questions and wrote down exactly what he or she said. First of all, I think I've asked Aiden to make his bed a total of 5 times in the last year. I'm guessing the day they did this was one of them. Second of all, I think he likes to eat bacon WAY more than I like to cook it. Third of all, at least I know he appreciates it now:).

I was still a bit giddy from my moment of love yesterday so I asked one of the teachers to take a picture of us to capture this one on film. What follows are a few of her valiant attempts at the perfect picture. And...well...I love them so much I didn't care that they weren't perfect - neither are my boys. That is part of why I love them so much!

When Mackenzie came home from school, she read the framed art herself. She stopped at the first one. "My mom is 7 years old. SEVEN!! Why did he say that? You are NOT seven years old!" She was giggling at this point.

"I know, I think they just wrote down whatever he said," I told her.

"Oh! That's kind of funny. You know...because you're REALLY NOT seven years old," she emphasized again. "You're like 25…right?"

"Exactly," I told her with a grin.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The responses from Aiden sound just like the ones I use to get from his Uncle Aaron years ago. Somehow food is very important to them both. Thanks for bringing back the memories! Mom

10:15 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Yep. And, Dawson is in tune too. In the car on the way home from school I always ask each boy what their favorite part of school was that day. Dawson's response EVERY time is, "LUNCH!"

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home