/> Raising Angels: In Need of Artistic Interpretation

Monday, April 30, 2007

In Need of Artistic Interpretation

This morning, as I was getting ready for the day, Dawson brought in a picture he had just finished drawing. On the paper were multiple circles in different colors with a few lines here and there. He was VERY proud of his work.

"Look Mama! Look what I drawed!"

"Ooh Dawson," I said as I gazed quickly at the circles, "it's beautiful."

He sat down in the middle of the floor and said, "Come and see. Look!"

I know him well enough by now to know that the whole thing would move much quicker if I got down on his level and gave him a minute of undivided attention. I sat down across from him and said, "I see it buddy. What it is?"

He gazed at his artwork a minute and pointed to a green circle with a green line jutting out from it. "This is...this is...this...is...a....BALLOON!"

"Wow Dawson! That looks just like a balloon. Great job!"

He was not finished yet. "Now look at this one," he said excitedly. "This one is..." he studied it a moment, "this is a swimming pool!", he said of the little blue circle.

"Excellent!" I said as excitedly as I could, hoping this would not go on for the 5 other circles on the page.

He was on a roll however and was ready for round three. He pointed to a red circle on the page that was a little less than circular. The momentum was picking up. "This one is....", then there was a pause. "This one is... this one is..." he was stumped. He stared a moment more. "This one is...", he reflected but still nothing. He looked at the little circle one more time, pointed to it and then looked to me, "What IS this one Mama?"

1 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

Could be a volcano?

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home