/> Raising Angels: Concrete Conquest

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Concrete Conquest

It's been a long time since I've posted about the house. It's not because nothing's been going on, but rather, it has consumed EVERY MOMENT of free time (as if we had any to begin with) around here for the last several months.

I know all the people at Lowe's on a first name basis and they joke with me every time I come in. "Aren't you finished with that house yet?" Nelson's been working his fingers to the bone, quite literally with some serious chemical burns on his hands last Friday.

It's been hard. It's been good. With each decision and purchase I feel a little sense of accomplishment - as if we might actually finish this some day. And through it all, God continues to use it to teach me in so many ways, the first of which is patience.

The last time I posted about concrete was quite some time ago (did you catch the date of that post?). Since then we've built a basement, poured another slab for foundation, framed it, put in the windows, and are now still in the plumbing and lighting stage. But today, ah today, there was an actual, you can see if for yourself, sign of progress and I felt it worthy of recording.

As I was typing, God reminded me of the lesson in the Glory Run. It's not about getting finished first. It's about keeping your eye on the finish line and doing WHATEVER it takes to get there. One day....hopefully in the near future....we...will...finish...this...house, and let me tell you, it's going to be one sweet victory!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Victory Indeed. Progress is sweet - even if slow. We love you and Nelson and are so proud of your determination and dedication to this wonderful project. You will be in there before you know it.

Papa and Damma

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home