/> Raising Angels: Another 5K

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Another 5K

Well two weeks after my first race ever I did another run that benefited a family from my brother's parish who lost their mother/wife at a young age to cancer. The cause was a good one and even though I didn't feel that two weeks got me any further in training, it and my brother called me on.

I did this one better than the last and shaved over a minute off of my last time. It was tough and I literally almost passed out towards the end of the race and again once I crossed the finish, but when I saw my time, I was much happier than after the last.

Having a personal time to beat now makes the race more of a personal challenge than a group one. Beating my own time made me feel much more victorious than seeing my first time at the last one.

It was God driving His message home. The only one with whom I am competing is me. Onward and upward!

3 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

Yea you! I need to do another run--I've gotten lax in my exercising. Keep up the good work!

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your improvement Amy! It was great to see you all there and finally meet you. I believe everyone had a great time! See you all in June. It is approaching closely ...

9:21 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks for the encouragement gals. I keep waiting for the love for running to kick in but it's just not there yet.

Michelle, great to meet you too. I have always heard such nice things about you. See you at the ordination!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home