/> Raising Angels: Happy Belated Birthday Nelson!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Happy Belated Birthday Nelson!



Dearest Nelson,

Somehow you always find a way to amaze me with your gifts. I knew when I married you that I was getting a strong man who loves God. I also knew you were intelligent and very much the gentleman. I even knew what a fantastic ballroom dancer you are. However, it wasn't until the last few months that I learned that I also got a plumber, an electrician and master house designer in the mix!

Those last few things may seem like funny things to honor you for but I think they say a lot about who you are. First, they demonstrate your love for learning. Most people would never even attempt to do what you are doing with the house. You’re not only doing it, but you understand why you are doing it and how it works.

These talents also make evident your determination and stick-to-it-tive-ness. You are a man of your word. When you say you will be somewhere or do something, you do it - no matter the cost. And, speaking of cost, all those late nights, blistered hands and sore muscles are not going unnoticed. You are amazing.

I still remember a conversation we had on a picnic the first birthday of yours we were together. I asked you what your goals were for the future. You said several things, but one that I remember distinctly was that you said you really wanted to build your own house one day.

Friday night, as we worked on the house together I had a conversation with your plumbing mentor. He said, "You know a lot of people say they built their house, but what they really mean is that they paid someone to build it for them. You guys are REALLY building your house and I just think that is so cool!"

I think it's pretty cool too. As a matter of fact, I think YOU'RE pretty cool.

I love you! Happy Birthday!
*Oh yeah...and last night, you proved once again in front of friends and family that you're a pretty cool bowler as well. Oh how the talent just goes on and on and on :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home