/> Raising Angels: A Boy of His Word

Monday, May 07, 2007

A Boy of His Word

Today Aiden grabbed the big bag of Monster Cookies we made to bring to his pseudo birthday celebration at school. He was excited that he got to have a birthday at school even though his birthday is in the summer. He was excited about wearing the birthday crown. He was excited about the cookies we made together. He was beaming.

"Mama," he said as he grabbed the bag, "I'm going to tell Ms. Cheryl that if there are any cookies left, I want to save one for my brother Dawson."

"That's so thoughtful," I told him as we headed off for school.

When I picked him up this afternoon, his teacher reported that he had put in his request to save a cookie for his brother and luckily, there were quite a few left.

Aiden grabbed the bag from his shelf and blabbered on about his day. As we walked down the hall to Dawson's class, he carefully opened the bag. The moment we opened the door and he spotted Dawson, he ran to him, cookie in hand, and said, "Here ya go Dawson. I saved this one for you!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home