/> Raising Angels: Let's Look and Listen

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Let's Look and Listen

Today I felt the Holy Spirit's promptings and the courage to follow them. 

Yesterday at school, I noticed an older man walking through our school halls praying for us. He is a leader and has been walking through all of our buildings and property every school day for years. He doesn't draw attention to himself. He just walks through quietly doing what I'm sure the Holy Spirit prompted him to do.

Yesterday, I was feeling the weight of that unanswered prayer of mine. I have good days and bad. At times I'm filled with the hope that God is still in the miracle business and He will hear and answer me. Other times, it feels like maybe my will isn't God's and I'm going to have to live with that forever. 

I had one of those moments as I plopped into a chair in the teachers' "lounge" waiting for a break in the music class yesterday. I was deflated and then I saw this sweet man walk by with the same sweet smile on his face. I was so grateful in that moment. I knew he was praying for me, my class, all of us, and the simple knowledge of that made me feel better. 

Today, as my class was working on math, I felt I should write him a thank you note. Unlike I often do (which is to put things like that off until I tend to forget them or talk myself out of them), I stopped what I was doing and wrote him a thank you card. The great thing about elementary kids is that they love to run errands, so I sent the first two who finished to hand deliver the note. 

At the end of school, he stopped by to thank me for thanking him. Saying that makes me smile. 

Tonight I had a nice chat with the young athletic director of the school we were playing at the basketball game. When he found out I teach at the school, he said he knows a good friend of mine, who teaches at his school. "I think she's one of the best teachers we've ever had," he let me know in no uncertain terms. 

When I was eating dinner, I shot that friend a text to let her know what he said. 

Two super simple things to bless two super sweet people. How different would our lives look if we all looked and listened for promptings like that? What would happen if we actually followed through?

Let's give it a shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home