/> Raising Angels: A Snowy Day

Monday, February 10, 2014

A Snowy Day


A few weeks ago we had some snow.  Well, some is a bit of an understatement for this neck of the woods. We don't do snow down here y'all. 
Truth be told that's the fun of it. When we get a little snow, everything shuts down. We don't have salt trucks or snow plows so the roads are scary and the people who try driving on them are even scarier. We hunker down, drink lots of hot chocolate, go outside with multiple layers and plastic bags over our feet because we don't own snow gear.

I may be in the minority when I say that I love it...all of it. We have so much sun, heat, and humidity the rest of the year, that I like to be able to wear a sweater for a few months. And when it comes to snowman building and sledding, I turn into a kid again.

When it snowed this time though, I had an infant. I couldn't take her out so I was stuck inside watching all the fun from afar. I went back and forth from being fine about that and hating that I was missing all the fun. Thankfully, I have great friends who took the big kids sledding with them. I sent them on their way happy they were going but sad I wasn't with them. 

Nelson was home that day but the baby wasn't napping much with all the ins an outs of the kids. When I finally got her down, it had been so long that I figured the kids would be on their way back. While I was debating what to do, my cousin, who is a northerner, walked through the door. She was more than willing to drive me to the kids.

I was happier than a kid in a candy store. 

How great is that? God loves me. He worked it out so that the baby slept, my cousin showed up, I saw the kids sled...and I took a few trips down the hills as well. In the grand scheme of things, there were much more important problems for Him to solve, and yet, He saw fit to let me have this little gift.

God is good - all the time!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home