/> Raising Angels: The Unrest of Resting

Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Unrest of Resting

I have often thought how wonderful it sounded when people were on bed rest for a bit. An excuse to sit and watch movies all day sounded like a little piece of heaven. Ah, the grass is always greener.

Today was a typically busy Saturday with both the boys having football games - neither of which I was allowed to attend. My family, bless their hearts, were bound and determined to keep me still. I hate not watching my kids, especially when I know that after the baby comes, I won't make it to many, if any of the remaining games. That being said, I know that the health and life of our newest member is much more important than a flag football game.

Consequently, I had the house...and the TV to myself. I chose 2 movies that were neither uplifting nor encouraging, so I cried some more. Seriously, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas? What was I thinking?

I added to my baby registry online. Isn't modern technology the best? I registered sitting on the couch not moving at all. This activity helped me feel like I was being productive, which I sorely needed.

In the midst of all my sitting, I started itching. Not a mosquito bite kind of itch, but an all over allergic reaction with no rash kind of itch. Believe me when I say that sitting in one place does NOT take the mind off of the itching! I called the doctor and it seems I have something called cholestasis. What else can possibly go wrong? I've found that constant, all over body itching tends to make one a bit edgy...and perhaps a bit over dramatic.

Other than missing some events and making poor movie choices and wanting to claw my skin off, the whole bed rest weekend hasn't been so bad.

Come on sweet baby. I can't take much more of this.

1 Comments:

Blogger PamL said...

Praying for you and your family. I hope all went well--I assume by now you have had the baby. Would love an update, but I know this time of year is so busy. :)
I find myself in the same boat as you--I'll turn 42 in Jan. and after three miscarriages in 2009/2010, and not becoming preganant at all in three years, I am pregnant. I was/am super nervous and my husband and I were totally surprised--we really thought we were done. My husband is 52....we have 6 kids and #7 is on the way. Anyway, we are learning to accept God's will for our family...but it's tough sometime. I am 13 weeks on Christmas and we just told our kids tonight. Plan to tell the rest of the family tomorrow and on Christmas. I think it'll be a big surprise and unfortunately, not everyone will probably be thrilled.
Anyway, I hope you and your family are doing ok and may the joy of Christ's birth give you a peace and consolation that only He can give. God bless and Merry Christmas! Pam L

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home