/> Raising Angels: The Simple Things

Friday, February 07, 2014

The Simple Things


Tonight Nelson and I were given the precious gift of time.  Felicity's godparents offered to stay with the kids for the evening so that he and I could go out.

It's amazing what I take for granted. Leaving the house without lugging that ever heavier car seat, sitting down at a restaurant in no hurry to order or do anything but just be, eating food while it's hot, and being able to cut my own food because I'm not breastfeeding the baby are all things I indulged in this evening.

The icing on the cake was that this was time with the love of my life sitting across the table enjoying all those moments with me.

Children are wonderful blessings. Husbands are too though and it's important not to let one blessing take the other away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home