/> Raising Angels: Seven Quick Takes: Easter Family Photo Edition

Friday, April 27, 2012

Seven Quick Takes: Easter Family Photo Edition

1. I am a member of the most beautiful church in the city and possibly the state.

2. When I was in high school and attending mass here, I decided that I should definitely get married at Easter time because, well, look at those flowers. During mass on Easter morning Mackenzie leaned over and said, "Mama, I want to get married at Easter time. It's so beautiful here."

3. For the record, I tried to get married during the Easter season but that year the church was undergoing major renovations. At Easter we had scaffolding in the aisles. June it was.

4. I am happy to say that I dressed my kids for about $20. I have found the best little consignment store in town (remember Dawson's tuxedo?). I pray for great finds and God always delivers.

5. I love, love, love the dress I found. Turns out that a women's consignment store opened and is attached to the kids' place. I just happened to spot this blue beauty when I was scanning the racks. I couldn't get over that it went with the boys' outfits. It was a little big but I've got a terrific seamstress that can work magic. I love its classic, 1950's look. I'll be wearing it for many more years.

6. I forgot to mention that it's a Calvin Klein. Oh yeah, and it was a whopping $19. I actually hesitated to share that little bit of info because I get a kick out of looking like a million bucks without spending as much. However, I love a bargain and want to encourage you that you too can look good without spending a fortune.

Of course, yesterday I got a call from the principal that my boy's shorts were a bit too short and he was, uh, wearing boxers that kept peeking out the bottom of them. Apparently, I need to work a little harder at my kids looking like a million bucks. So embarrassing!

7. Put beautiful kids in beautiful clothes in a beautiful church and great photos happen.

Tomorrow is the Glory Run. Pray for good weather, good crowds, that we glorify God and also that we make some good money for our school. When you're done with your prayer, you can head here for more quick takes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Optimistic Existentialist said...

Beautiful family that you have!

7:36 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

Y'all look great. That blue color is beautiful on you. I never have that kind of luck at consignment stores.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Jeanne G. said...

I tried to get married with the Easter flowers around at my parish, but I was too late in the Easter season and I had to get my own flowers.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Catholic Cookie Jar said...

Wow! The front of that church really is gorgeous! Beautiful family picture. :)

12:49 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks everyone!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home