/> Raising Angels: Yes, Jesus Loves Me

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Yes, Jesus Loves Me

Dawson is going to be the ring-bearer in a wedding in January and the bride asked that he wear a black suit or tuxedo. Being the practical-minded, provident and resourceful gal I am, I just didn't see the point in buying a suit the kid is only going to wear once.

I put out a feeler on Facebook expecting to be overwhelmed with offers to borrow a boy's black suit for the weekend. Instead, I got one measly reply for a dark grey suit. Although it was a very cute suit, it was going to be very obviously not black in the pictures. I declined.

Next I searced the internet and found a place that offered a new tuxedo for $40. That price was definitely better than the rental fee and I figured I could lone it out and make another mother very happy. For some reason I didn't buy it right then.

Today, the day after my internet find, I found myself in a children's consignment store searching for a dress for Mackenzie for Christmas (I told you about the whole provident and resourceful thing). I picked through the rack and found one I thought might work. I was walking to the check-out counter when I passed the boy's section.

I glanced over at the rack and it was as if a light came down from heaven and shown on one suit hanging by itself smack dab in the middle of the rack. It was so unusual I almost didn't want to look...but I did. There in my hands was a good as new black tuxedo in the exact size I needed and...wait for it...the price tag shouted out $14.95!

I held that suit and said outloud, "Oh my gosh, this is a miracle!" I know I said it outloud because an elderly shopper stopped and acknowledged, "Isn't it great when God does that for you?" I told her my story and assured her I had and would continue to thank God for the gift of this suit.

Now if I was not a praying woman, that whole seried of incidents would have just been a happy coincidence, hardly acknowledged or shared with anyone. However, because I do believe in God and the power of prayer, what happened to me today is a miracle that I've shared with whoever would listen.

Today was not about me being good, or faithful, or even prayerful. Today was about God's love for me. I didn't need that to happen. I could have bought the other tuxedo and been just fine. But God had something better than I imagined. He had a gift for me that I could never deserve. It wasn't earth shattering in its significance and yet, to me it was.

God loves me so much that he parts the racks of the boys' clothes and shines the light on the suit I wasn't expecting to find. He loves me so much that it was just the right size and at a price that was unbelievalbe. That's how much He loves me.

And you know what? He loves you that much too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Papa said...

Amy, your wonderful experience is the manifestation of God,s Word in Luke 6:38.

Papa

3:25 PM  
Blogger DixieBoy said...

Amy,

The Lord also loves His glory. He doesn't need us to glorify Him, but he surely loves and blesses us when we do give Him the glory that He is due.

Bless you for magnifying Him.

I'll bet you son will be quite the charmer for the wedding. I get goosebumps just thinking about how many times the story of that suit will be told while the wedding photos are viewed even decades from now.

God is good...all the time.

Merry Christmas,
DB

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home