/> Raising Angels: Quick Takes: I Finally Uploaded Some Pictures Edition

Friday, April 20, 2012

Quick Takes: I Finally Uploaded Some Pictures Edition

1. This year Valentine’s Day fell in the middle of the week and since we had big plans for the weekend, Nelson and I decided to stay in and make the day special for the kids. Sushi is not something I’ve ever tried to make myself but as of late, I have fallen in love with it so I offered to pick some up from one of the fancy grocery stores in town. Instead, Nelson offered to pick some up from my favorite sushi place in town (now that’s love!). We turned down the lights, lit the candles and busted out the chopsticks. It was a fun and yummy evening for everyone.

2. Aiden played basketball this year. He loved it and was very pleased that his team went undefeated AND won the championship game. That last game he scored a whopping six points, which tripled the points he scored in any other game. The kid was on fire. Great end to a great season. Way to go Aiden!

3. This year was my third experience with 4th graders and Shakespeare. We did 12th Night. Now how many fourth graders do you know who can explain the plot of a Shakespearean play? These kids can.

4. Mackenzie was also in a play this spring. She had absolutely no help from me. That was hard for me (not really since I was in over my head with the two other plays) but it was also great for me to see she can do a pretty good job all on her own.

5. A dear friend of mine, who has a green thumb, calls me regularly when she has an abundance of something that she needs to thin out. Look what I got this year! Absolutely stunning.


6. That same friend has allowed my son to plant his competition cabbage in her garden since I don’t have one of my own and I manage to kill most every edible thing I try to grow. When they were out of town, they let us shop their garden which was oh, so fun for boys who love any excuse to get their hands dirty. Crazy thing is that when they pick it, they’ll try it. Who knew they’d love radishes? Who knew they’d find one so big?!


7. And remember when I wrote this? I have a confession to make. I knew we were headed here soon (thus the prayer for a beautiful beach somewhere). Boy, oh boy, can God deliver. This was our backyard for a week.


I hope this weekend you find the time to take a deep breath and take it all in just like I did every day in Florida. And when you catch your breath and find the time, go here, to see more quick takes. Happy weekend to you!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure that isn't a turnip that Aiden is holding? Damma

8:04 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

I tasted it myself. It was indeed a radish.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home