/> Raising Angels: A Self Reminder

Friday, April 13, 2012

A Self Reminder

I think I figured something out tonight. I haven't been blogging as much as I always have lately. Okay, that observation is not the thing I figured out. That didn't take any figuring out at all actually.

I was trying to figure out why I’m not blogging as much. One reason is that I'm so busy I don't have time to sleep let alone blog. In reality though, this has been the story of my life since I had the two middle boys and it didn't stop me then.

Another reason is that I've stumbled upon one or two amazing blogs that I've fallen head over heals for. I'm talking picture perfect. The entries are daily, the photos are gorgeous (and also daily) and the posts are thoughtful, lengthy and usually include a lesson. I don't have time to blog like that. Truthfully, I'm not sure I could if I did.

Reason number three is that I can look at how many people read this thing and the actual number depresses me. Granted the number of readers was not the reason I began this, nor was it one of my major goals. Still, in the back of my head I sometimes think, "No one reads this. Why bother." This is self-centered, embarrassing and ridiculous.

Lastly, when I think about my life recently it comes to me in gigantic, earth-shattering chunks. My whole world is changing and I can't take the time to hack it out here because I'm too busy living/being in complete awe of it.

Here's the thing though. I am constantly writing. I have since I learned to write. I have volumes of writing up in my attic that I hope my children read some day...long after I die. (Those books contain actual names and dates and I'm not ready for the kids to know which of their friends' fathers I dated way back when. Ignorance is bliss.) I stopped writing in those journals for the most part when I started writing here. But even when I'm not putting pen to paper or fingers to keyboard, I am writing.

So tonight I made the decision to just start writing again. Not for the readers (although I really love you...all 25 of you…and feel that you're no longer readers but friends), or the perfection, but for me.

I'm just warning ya. Watch out.

9 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I look forward to it!

The bloggers that have beautiful blogs, great pics and thoughtful posts really intimidate me! I wonder where they find the time.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

I don't know either Katie, but you do a pretty good job!

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wanted to make sure that you counted me in the 25! we are so far away; i am hanging on every word! imho, your recent bad experience may have somethign to do with your funk. bring it on!
charlene

8:58 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

I can't wait to read what you have to write! I think our ability to blog is seasonal, as it is real life that must come first. And sometimes real life is so busy that we have to put aside the rest. Anyway, I can relate to what you have written here.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,
I enjoy reading your blog. I went to high school with Nelson and have met you only a time or two but I love your insights and your enduring faithfulness.
I never comment but I check in regularly. So, add one more reader to your 25 and I'm sure there are more like me ; )
Meredith Levesque Pit

11:56 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks so very much all of you! I'm so glad to know you love me for who I am.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Linda Chybowski-Finnegan said...

I am with you girl! Write for yourself because you enjoy it!

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Tami C said...

I read your blog .. usually swing by once every couple of weeks and catch up. It's been great getting to know you as an adult, and your beautiful family. (Which is a little selfish on my part since I don't blog, and I feel I know you better as an adult than you'll ever be able to know me.) But know that your blog gives me life inspiration - that there are women out there like you (whom I actually know) who are living their lives for the Lord and in service of their families - and who aren't afraid to admit that while glorious, it can be hard and messy and real. Please don't stop!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks Linda!

Tami, I love that you check in here. The wonder of the internet is reconnecting with good friends. There is something very encouraging about knowing you're not alone in your Christian walk. I've loved that side of the blogging...meeting other people out there trying to love the Lord and follow Him. Hopefully, one day we can reconnect in person too!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home