/> Raising Angels: The Talk

Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Talk

The pictures that follow are of me doing what I do best, talking. Of course I had no idea anyone was taking my picture, but apparently the photographer thought I was animated enough to merit a series of photos. And after looking at them I can see that I am, well, animated.

I remember that the bride had asked me something like should I take my thank you cards to the hotel with me tonight to finish them, ergo the exaggerated animation during which I was telling her something along the lines of, "Absolutely, not! You only get one honeymoon and it's not for writing thank you notes."

Apparently, she was relieved to hear this due to her big smile. That or she thought I looked hilarious while I was telling her this. Which, I must state for the record, I absolutely did.

I'm glad to see that although, I was adamant, I was at least happy. Funny how seeing yourself through someone else's eyes puts a whole new perspective on things.

I've been asked to speak at a retreat at Belmont Abbey College this weekend. A retreat that the student director informed me currently has 350 registered to attend. I'm excited, honored and...under attack.

This week I've gotten calls from two different teachers about things my children have done, a note from another one, my washing machine and dryer broke down, the fourth grade play is anything but smooth and my computer just crashed with my talk not saved.

I've done this enough to know that all this means that I'm probably doing exactly what God wants me to do. And, as you can see, I love to talk. I’m especially excited about my topic, which is near and dear to my heart. I’m hoping and praying I don’t mess it up! Please join me in this prayer.

Postscript: In the time it took me to type this, I’ve recovered my talk and just got a text message praising the same kid I got the call about earlier. Wow! You haven’t even prayed and already God is on the move.

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Praying for you and your talk!! You will do great!

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Mom said...

You are doing a great job! I'm especially proud of your ability to not let the enemy tell you otherwise! You know you will have prayer coverage from me!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Amy I have just stumbled on this post via Conversion Diary, finally I have found someone who looks like they talk as much as me!! I love those photos!! Count me in!! You have a new follower :-)
Jennifer (in Ireland)

7:05 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Jennifer, so glad to meet you. I look forward to getting to know you better.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home