/> Raising Angels: A Letter to the Lord

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Letter to the Lord

Dear Jesus,

I am discovering that volunteerism is a full time job. Interestingly enough, the things that are taking the most time are not the things I volunteered to do. They are things that more or less fell into my lap. In fact, my whole Lent has shaped up to be something very, very different from what I planned.

Seems this is the way you want it to be with me these days. What can I say? You warned me. Well, you stood on the shore and I (yes, I did) invited you into my boat. I’ve heard over and over again that my boat is sailing at high speeds and all I have to do is hang on for the ride.

I just have one request Jesus. Can you throw me a life jacket? It sure would make me feel better. I know I can’t drown in a boat, but these days I feel like I’m going so fast that I can’t catch my breath and well, it kind of feels like drowning.

Actually, I have two requests. Can we make a pit stop on a beautiful beach somewhere? Maybe then I can rejuvenate, get my sea legs back and continue on, because, as hard as that wind is blowing, I don’t want to miss the opportunity to go wherever it is you have in mind.

Thanks,
Amy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home