/> Raising Angels: Dinner at the Delta House

Monday, September 17, 2007

Dinner at the Delta House

We spent Saturday evening at the Delta Tau Delta house in Athens. It was game day and parents' weekend.Last year was the first fraternity event I had ever attended and I had no idea that the crowd would be so dressy. My brother and his frat brothers were all in coats and ties and their sorority dates were in their cute little red, black and white dresses. I did not dress like that in college and wouldn't have been caught dead at a football game like that.

This year I tried to do little brother Kevin proud by donning the only red and black I have that still fits. I even let the kids go around yelling, "Go Dawgs! Sick 'em! Woof, woof, woof, woof!"

I did this because I love my brother, I live in Georgia and all my kids were born here. However, next Saturday, you will not catch me with a stitch of red or black on as I will be donning the good 'ole crimson and grey and yelling, "Roll Tide Roll!" at the Alabama - Georgia game that could prove to be a dividing line amongst my brothers complete with a lifetime of bragging rights for those who are on the winning side.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

You look great in this picture Amy!

(go Dawgs! Sic 'em. Ruff ruff ruff...).

11:53 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks Rach!

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Around my Midwest law firm, there's a big Illinois-Michigan rivalry. When the two teams meet, fans of the losing team have to wear the colors and logo of the winning team to work on four consecutive Fridays. You'd think the indignity of having to don your rival's gear would stop the trash talk leading up to the game. But it never does.

BTW - Congrats on the pregnancy. You're much braver than I am.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

mahf,

As far as I know, no bets have been made (which is a little surprising). I think both sides know it will be close. At this point it seems that the bragging rights will do more than suffice.

Thanks for the congrats. At this point, brave is not how I would describe myself. I am sure it will all be better once the baby is actually here instead of making me so sick.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home