/> Raising Angels: A Day at UGA

Monday, September 18, 2006

A Day at UGA

On Saturday we drove to Athens to attend Family Day at my brother's fraternity house. They started with breakfast and the game, and we joined them for dinner and the house tour because we didn’t think the kids would last all day. I actually asked Kevin if he wanted us to bring the kids. He said that we could leave them at home if we wanted to but I could tell he really wanted them there.

How great is it to have a little brother who wants to show off his niece and nephews? I love how much he loves my kids. He became legal this month and he still calls my house every other day to speak to them. They can yell, "Go Dawgs! Sick 'em!" with the best of them (much to the chagrin of my other family members - all Bama fans - but in all fairness Kevin was the only one of us born in Georgia so he has every right to cheer for Georgia...as long as they're not playing Alabama).

So Kevin, a belated happy birthday to you. I am proud of you. You have made and continue to make good decisions. You have set high academic goals for yourself and you're achieving them. You are a good friend and you have chosen good friends as well. You are very active on campus and a large part of that is through your service to the Catholic Student Union. It does my heart good when you call me with your theological questions. I know you are standing strong and defending your faith.

Keep on keeping on brother. Be good. Study hard. Have fun. Pray always.

I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home