/> Raising Angels: A Heavenly Reminder

Monday, September 10, 2007

A Heavenly Reminder

I have been very blessed with three great pregnancies. Sure the first trimester is always hard but for the most part, relatively easy. The last one was the toughest but my doctor told me that was just because my body hadn't had time to recover from the last one (the boys are 15 months apart).

I expected this one to be smooth sailing like the last ones. That has not been the case. The wear and tear of this pregnancy combined with the house building stuff, a husband who has been absent more than present for the last 8 months, three kids to care for and well, just life in general have worn me down.

I'm not cursing the baby, it's just that I've been so miserable that I've forgotten the reason for the misery. I don't really look pregnant, just like I have a big pot belly. I can't feel the baby move yet. I don't feel that connection. Fortunately, my children do.

Mackenzie wakes up in the morning, says good morning to me and then lovingly rubs my belly with the sweetest smile. And yesterday, as I sat in mass alone with Mackenzie and Aiden anxiously awaiting the return of Nelson, Aiden gave me his own reminder.

"What do you want me to draw Mama? A picture of our WHOLE family with the house?" he asked in a whisper.

"Sure," I said trying to focus on the mass.

After several minutes, he tapped me again and showed me the picture below. "This is you and the baby that's in your tummy," he said with his dimpled grin and big, proud eyes.

And it was in that brief moment that God reminded me of the blessing of my children. They so often, turn me back to Him. God speaks through them in such a special way. And then I remembered that I do have a baby in my tummy. And I remembered why I thought another one was such a great idea.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurel said...

i have to say that picture is incredibly sweet.... what a good reminder! if i were you, i'd save that for the baby so that when (s)he gets older, (s)he can know how loved (s)he was before (s)he was even born.

okay, okay, so i went a little (s)he happy! :)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Sweet it is indeed. And, that is why I blog - so that one day all of my children will have this reminder of how much they bless me and how much I love them.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home