/> Raising Angels: Hold Please...

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Hold Please...

Today was supposed to be the day that I felt better. Week 14 = Second Trimester = Feel Good. Unfortunately, my body is not on the same calendar. I'm hopeful though. Any day now...ANY day NOW!

I tried to trick myself into feeling better by going to the gym for the first time in three weeks. The power went out, meaning no AC. I went from there to a store to look for a birthday gift. The doors were locked because of the power outage.

I went to every Wal-Mart in the city looking for 5 gallon buckets of primer for the house. I was approached in the parking lot by a news reporter who begged me to give an interview for the local news. I was still in my workout clothes, which at this point consist of an over-sized t-shirt and gym shorts. I had no make-up on and my hair was in a disheveled pony-tail. He was desperate. I was merciful...and incredibly embarrassed that of all days, this was the day the camera caught me.

I couldn't lift the buckets of paint. In every store I had to wait for help. When I dropped them by the house, I had to ask for help. It's hard for me to admit I can't do something by myself but this pregnancy is giving me no other options.

By the time I got home, I was exhausted. I tried to be good and put my feet up, but then Mackenzie came home, dinner had to be cooked and a meeting had to be attended.

Could somebody please put my life on hold while I try to grow this baby?

2 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

Oh yea, your last line says it all for me when I was the throes of nausea....It does get better, I predict NO MORE than 2 weeks left of it, but of course I hope it's gone tomorrow.

Why did they want to interview you? Who are you really? You're a famous hollywood celeb aren't you?

;)

8:21 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

I hope it's gone tomorrow too!

The interview was about the recent toy recalls. The only requirement was that I had children at home.

I know it's hard to get people to be on camera because I have done a few TV shows and commercials. I felt bad for the guy even though I looked really rough.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home