/> Raising Angels: In Case I'm Ever Wondering...

Thursday, September 20, 2007

In Case I'm Ever Wondering...

...why this pregnancy has been so hard, remind me about days like yesterday.

I left the house at 8:15 after feeding, dressing and getting everyone ready for school. I did both school carpools and headed to the doctor's. After an hour there, I went upstairs to make an appointment with my new doctor (mine is moving in 2 weeks).

From there I went to the tile and stone place to pick out fireplace stone and tile. Then I picked up about a third of that order and went straight to pick up the boys.

We drove from there to the new house to unload the tile. While that was happening, the boys turned on the neighbor's hose and were totally soaked. I picked up a sitter and took them home.

I went back to the tile place with my dad to pick up the stone and the rest of the tile. From there I went home to pick up Mackenzie and headed over to school to set up for her Little Sisters' Registration party (kind of like an alternative to the Girl Scouts).

After three hours there, I dropped Mackenzie at home and headed back out to our Support Group/Bible Study. The guys came back over to the house to unload the stone and tile.

When we finally pulled in the driveway at 10 p.m., husband looked at me and told me the painter needs 32 more gallons of paint by tomorrow morning. When I told him that I could NOT do one more thing, he told me how much faster it would be for me to do it, then patted me on the knee and said, "I'm proud of you doll," and promptly went inside.

I took the sitter home and went to Wal-Mart. Finally back home at 11:30, I unloaded the groceries and took a look around. The backpacks were still by the door, with the lunches inside. The kitchen was a disaster, as was the rest of the house. I threw in the towel and collapsed into bed at midnight.

Today I got back up at 7 to get the kids fed and dressed. I dropped the carpool off and headed over to the house to unload the paint I bought last night. Then I headed straight to Lowe's to get the rest of the stuff. I went back to the house to unload again.

I picked up the three year old boy I am watching for several days and took the three boys across town to pick up the last of the paint they didn't have on our side of town. I stood at the paint counter watching the mixing and corralling three boys for two hours.

We went back to the house to unload that paint and arrived home at 11:45 a.m.

Yep. I think I know why I don't feel so good and am so tired all the time. Doesn't take a rocket scientist does it.

7 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

My family and friends always remind me that I didn't have this many children last time I was pregnant. It is so easy to forget that all of the things we can do not pregnant suddenly drain us so much more when we are pregnant. I hope your weekend is more restful than these past days have been.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vent away sister! I too find myself in this predicament. After wrapping all of my Christmas presents and Gracie's birthday presents on Sunday (hey, my baby is due December 6th) - I did myself in. Paul even told me Monday before he left for work that I shouldn't do anything. And I didn't. I literally couldn't move. You are not alone and talking about it helps.
We love you and are praying for you,
Heather Viz

6:22 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

4andcounting...me too!

Heather, if only my husband would see my exhaustion and tell me to take the day off!

And wow! I am so impressed by your gigantic accomplishment so while you're taking it easy to recover, give yourself a big pat on the back for me!

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness Amy, I got tired just by reading all that you did! I this case, you used your day 110%. Have a great weekend. I will be cheering with Brian for the DAWGS! (Class of 04)

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.... no, not Brian, Kevin. He is the bulldog in your family. he he ....

8:51 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

You sure are tired! I can feel it just by reading this....I had days like that while pregnant...You need a personal assistant don't you? Hire someone to run all those errands for ya.
Get some rest Amy...

9:42 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Now that I'm back in town, I will try to focus on the importance of growing this baby!

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home