/> Raising Angels: I Want To Kiss Jesus

Friday, April 28, 2006

I Want To Kiss Jesus

I've been struggling with my change in spirituality since Dawson was born. I was single for 26 years before marriage and spent 10 of those years relishing contemplative prayer through my work with the Missionaries of Charity, daily mass and weekly Adoration.

When number 3 came along, everything changed and I just had a hard time realizing that I couldn't handle my spiritual life the same way. I guess it was that good old Catholic guilt kicking in.

Time after time, the Lord tried to encourage me to meet Him where I am. He has spent many months trying to show me that He is present at all times in all places. He shows me that I can experience spirituality in a whole new way. Not a bad way, just a different way. Today He showed me once again.

Mackenzie: "Mama is Heaven above us?"

Me: "Yes it is."

Mackenzie: "Is it higher than the sky?"

Me: "Yes."

Mackenzie: "Is it higher than the clouds?"

Me: "Yep."

Mackenzie: "How high is it?"

Me: "It's higher than the sun, the moon and the stars."

Mackenzie: "Is it higher than space?"

Me: "There is nothing in this world that is higher than Heaven."

Mackenzie: "Then how do you get there when you die?"

Me: "Well, when you die, your body stays here and Jesus takes your soul to Heaven. Then one day, when Jesus comes back to earth He will take your body back to Heaven with Him."

Mackenzie: "I wish Jesus would come right now so I could give Him a kiss."

Me: "You can."

Mackenzie: "How? By kissing my heart?"

Me: "Well that might be a little hard to do. Do you remember that Jesus said whenever you do it to the least of my brothers you do it to Me? When you help someone when they need it, or give someone a hug when they are crying, or you give your brothers a kiss, you are doing that to Jesus. Jesus lives in everyone's heart whether or not they believe it so you can touch, hug and kiss Jesus every day in the people you meet."

Mackenzie: "Oh! That's cool!"

As the words were coming out of my mouth I knew that God was talking to me just as much as He was to Mackenzie.

Okay God. I think I'm beginning to get the point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home