/> Raising Angels: Aiden Saves the Day

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Aiden Saves the Day


This morning Aiden got dressed and donned his Batman cape. He then busily flew around the house while I dressed Dawson.

When I was finished, I told Aiden to put the cape away so we could go to the Y. He begged me to let him wear his cape. I'm not usually one for letting the kids dictate what they wear out in public, but he was having too much fun saving the world for me to say no.

Of course, my caped crusader attracted a lot of attention running through the Y. One man asked him who he was and I told Aiden to say Batman. Aiden turned and said, "I SUPER Batman!"

From the Y we went to Sam's to pick up some things. As I was unloading the groceries, I left Aiden and Dawson on the porch with their corndogs to have a picnic. I figured this would keep the mess outside. Besides, how much trouble can they get into on the porch?

I was just bringing in the last load when Aiden ran into the house screaming, "Mama look what Dawson do. Come look what he do!"

I ran out in time to see Dawson drenched with bubbles. When I turned him around to survey the damage, he opened his mouth and a bubble floated out. I was worried and checking for the non-toxic label on the jar when it happened, but I'm laughing hysterically now. Really, it was like a scene from The Little Rascals except there were no special effects, jut bubbles... and lots of them.

I'm happy to report that after some sputtering and coughing Dawson appears to be okay.

It's so nice to live with a super hero.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

It's non-toxic, but it does have a laxative effect. Don't ask me how I know this. Just trust me on this one.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I've called Poison Control so many times...

...those gel-packs you keep in the freezer and use to keep lunch box items cold? non-toxic! Glue sticks? non-toxic!

My superheroes: http://mreitemeyer.blogspot.com/2006/01/time-to-remember.html. I love it when kids dress up.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home