/> Raising Angels: Romans

Monday, April 24, 2006

Romans

Lately I have been completely amazed by Mackenzie, my sweet, petite 5 1/2 year-old. I've been listening to her read not just her homework, but signs, labels, cards, and basically anything with letters. And, oh yeah, that spelling game we used to play to talk to each other without the kids knowing what we were saying...that's over!

Today she pulled out her weekly scripture verse to work on memorizing it. I put it in front of me to begin reading it to her like always and she pulled it away to read it herself. "Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind," she carefully read.

Of course, it took some time, patience and a lot of sounding out, but she got it, by herself. I was busy congratulating her when she continued, "Romans 12:2. Hey, Romans!" she squealed ecstatically. "That's where Uncle Aaron lives."

Okay, reading she's got. Geography still needs a little work. Come to think of it, Uncle Aaron does live in Rome, Italy. So, technically, he does live with Romans.

Ciao Aaron. See, you continue to have an impact even over the ocean.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

How super cute!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

We can't spell, we can't use pig latin, and we can't talk around things (where you describe something like that place with the golden arches), because they have those all figured out. I think I'll learn Arabic.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home