/> Raising Angels: A Little Easier

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Little Easier

Today I had one of those moments when I actually thought, "This is so much easier." I was bringing a stack of library books to Mackenzie's class. All year long I've done this with Dawson while Aiden is in school.

The library experience always starts great but usually ends with Dawson screaming because I've had to stop him from pulling every book off of the shelves. Today it was a quicker trip with no tears.

When I pulled up to the school, I didn't get the stroller out. Instead Dawson walked along with me carrying a book. We stopped in the courtyard to talk to a friend. Dawson played quietly and happily.

I often have to tell myself that this will get easier. Over and over and over again. Today it did.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

When my husband gets frustrated with my son Billy, a tough one, he says he thinks it'll never get better. I remind him of the days when he refused to wear new clothes or shoes, always wanted to wear red underwear only, and would only last 10 minutes at Mass. He still has his quirks, but most of the time he's more flexible and easier to please.

I don't go to the library much. At one point, I would take the kids and the first 10 books that came off the shelves were what we took home (a 5 minute stop)! We ended up with some loser titles!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

I'm the library mom for Mackenzie's class and up to this point the trips have been long because the teacher requested books on specific topics. Not easy to find in the children's section.

Now that they know how to read, I just go to the Easy Reader section and grab quickly. Much more peaceful.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I've only been to our local library once, and that was a few months ago. My husband took the older three the last time. But I did notice one thing I liked a lot - a cart with "Ten Books in a Bag" and there were canvas bags filled with preschool aged books of a certain theme: "Bedtime Books", or "Books with Dinosaurs". Now that's a great idea.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home