/> Raising Angels: The Ankle Bone's Connected to the Intestines

Monday, February 17, 2014

The Ankle Bone's Connected to the Intestines


The boys have been inquiring about growth spurts lately. How tall are you? When did you grow? How tall do you think I'll be? These are daily questions they ask everyone even remotely related to them.

Apparently, they are in a hurry to grow. This could have to do with the fact that they are currently playing basketball.

This morning Aiden came in while I was dressing Felicity. "I think I'm growing Mama."

"Oh yeah? What makes you say that?"

"Well, my neck kind of hurts and so do my intestines," he said as he pointed to his ankle.

"Bud, those are not your intestines. If your intestines are down there, we have a lot more to worry about than whether or not you're growing."

"Whatever, you know this thing. What is it?" Again, he pointed to his ankle.

"Are you talking about your Achilles tendon?"

"Yep that's it! Does that mean I'm growing?"

"One thing it means for sure," I said. "You need a lesson in anatomy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home