/> Raising Angels: Howdy Stranger!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Howdy Stranger!

Holy smokes! Where have I been?

The week before last was all about getting ready to leave town for a week which added a week's worth of school work to the already busy equation of life. I chose to do it instead of write about how much I loathe doing it. Every time we take this trip I wonder how in the world homeschooling moms do what they do without strangling their children. Then I remember that their children do not go to school for eight hours and then come home and have to do another day’s work.

Last week we were in Hilton Head. It was wonderful, so wonderful in fact that the whole thing blew by in the blink of an eye. When I wondered how that happened it dawned on me that the kids are so self-sufficient now that there's actually time to relax and enjoy vacation. I'm ready to retire.

This week I hit the ground running with three doctor's appointments on Monday. It's revved up from there. Kind of a rude awakening after a week off. I'm not going to lie; it's been a rough adjustment.

I have pictures and some great news to share (just for the record the great news does not involve a new addition to the family) but that will have to wait until I can edit some photos to go along with the stories.

Sunday I have my first half marathon in over a year. Training has been tough and the legs are as tight as ever but this race is all about supporting a good friend who's running her first half and I believe that no one should have to do that alone. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep up with her. :-)

Stay tuned for the great news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home