/> Raising Angels: Seven Quick Takes

Friday, September 28, 2012

Seven Quick Takes

1. I substituted in the fourth grade today. It felt like home. I was struck by how old I thought my fourth graders were and how young today's class looked. This may have had something to do with the fact that one of them happened to be my son.

2. Met some friends for a quick lunch today to go over carpooling schedules for Social. After discussing needs, etc. one of the moms said, "Well I work on this day and this one but other than those days, I'll just do all of them."

After I stop feeling guilty, I'm going to go over to her house and throw my arms around her. I now include her in my gifts from God.

3. We’re having our family picture taken outside today and since I'm all organized and stuff, I knew by the time I got them back, ordered and in, it would be time for Christmas cards. Consequently, I went out and purchased coordinating long-sleeved shirts and sweaters for everyone. It's 86 and sunny.

If we have that wet and sweaty look when we arrive in your mailbox in December, you'll know why.

4. Sunday I'm going to cheer my brothers on in the Augusta Half Ironman. Kevin is swimming on a relay team and Brian is doing the whole thing. I'm very proud of both of them. I'm also very glad I'm a spectator and not a participant. I will enjoy this much more.

5. That being said, I'm signed up for a half in Athens next month. I've been much more relaxed about training this time around. I've been following a plan but not really pushing myself at all. I'm doing the race to support a friend. I will be at my slowest ever and I've decided that although I would love to be fast, I don't have the time or ability to work on it. This is a hobby and I'm finally ok with that...most days.

6. The week after next, we head to the beach. We decided that this year, Mackenzie will not be staying the whole week. Missing that much instruction time at the middle school level really left her struggling last year.

She hates this idea. I hate this idea. An era of our life is over and it's kind of sad.

7. Max has moved from cowboy hats to ski masks and gloves today. I'm not sure what I'm going to say when he tells me he needs snow...except, "That would be great wouldn't it?"

Check out more quick takes here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home