/> Raising Angels: The Whole Picture

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Whole Picture

I've discovered something about myself lately. I am a half scripture kind of girl.

Let me demonstrate.

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10
I know He is God. I've never doubted it. I am terrible at the whole "be still" thing.

"Take up your cross daily and follow me." Mark 8:34
I'm all about following Jesus. In fact, I can say with a good deal of certainty that I've spent most of my life trying to determine what Jesus wants me to do so that I can do it. I tend to leave out the whole "take up your cross" part. I've never really embraced suffering.

"Go in peace." Luke 7:50
I can go. Man, oh man, can I go. I am often amazed at how much my life requires me to go, but I do it. Kind of gets back to the whole problem I have with being still doesn't it. What I miss...no, what I yearn for is the "in peace".

Are you seeing my point here? If you're not, don't worry, the message is for me and I'm getting it. In fact, lately God is knocking me over the head with it.

So the whole thing for me means, "Be still and take up your cross in peace." I'm going to work at it. I think my life will go much better when I focus on the whole picture instead of the half. Things will be, at the very least, much clearer viewed and practiced as a whole.

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home