/> Raising Angels: Ten Minute Tuesday

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ten Minute Tuesday

Just when I thought I was back on a roll, life happened and the blog did not.

Here are a few things that occupied me between last week and now.

I have four children. Really, do I need to say more? Probably not, but just in case you're of the slightly older generation and have forgotten what this means and absent-mindedly ask me, "So what are you doing with all your free time now that the kids are in school?", I'll tell you. There are carpools and volleyball games and doctor's appointments and Cub Scouts and piano lessons and soccer and Social and homework and chores and a few little things like feeding, clothing, cleaning and raising them that are occasionally added to the mix. Today it took me no fewer than 10 texts, 2 calls and personally talking to 3 mothers to work out a carpool for tomorrow. Sheesh.

I've also found that my time is spent announcing rules that I never, ever considered would even need to be rules. For instance, "You are not, and I mean NOT EVER, allowed to open your bedroom window and put your naked 4 year old brother out on the roof.  And no it does not matter if there are people in our yard or not!" Seriously, that's all I can say about this other than yes, this did happen and I absolutely sent Nelson to deal with it so I did not put the offending brother out on the roof to sleep that night.

I had visions of gloriously finishing all these lingering projects I have now that the kids are in school and I've yet to do any of them. Well, I did clean out both freezers but that's not saying much as they are currently in their 3rd week of school. The day goes kind of like this. We wake them, feed them, comb hair, brush teeth, double check homework, pray together and then I cart them off to school. I go home, blink, and it's time to pick them up again. I have determined that getting clothes clean, keeping a house in order and having a meal on the table takes up a tremendous amount of time. Nelson asked me this morning, "When are you going to get to that pile of ironing?"

Ironing, I feel sometimes, is the bane of my existence. I know this is not true but it takes hours to iron and finding hours in a day is complicated. My kids go to school every day in clean, wrinkled clothes. Apparently this is not acceptable in the work force...especially sales.

Tomorrow, I will iron. I hope.

*Thanks Rachel for the motivation to just get something down!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home