/> Raising Angels: The First School Day and Days That Have Gone By

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

The First School Day and Days That Have Gone By

Oh my goodness it's been so long since I've visited this space I had to sign in to my own blog. Last week was our final week of summer and we were much too busy celebrating for me to be writing. I'd like to say that I've finally discovered the art of getting a good night's sleep but the truth is we've been partying, traveling and labeling a million tiny book bag fillers.
 
But we made it. We survived our summer and were ready for school. And as I sat in the assembly and casually mentioned to Max that he had one more year until he gets to join his siblings, I actually had to hold back tears.
 
Tears because I know that even though there will be days during the year that will make it feel like an eternity, I've been around the block enough times to know that it will be here before I know it and all my babies will officially no longer be babies.
 
Gulp - swallow hard - blink a few extra times.
 
Okay, I'm back...and so are they. Here's to a great year!
 
 
Oh how the years go by...
 
Last year...
 
The year before that...(even though the photo date stamp says otherwise)
The year before...
 And before...
 And before...(the new house even)
 And before...this one is first grade. Holy smokes where did this little thing go?
Sniff, sniff..
I'll be okay, really I will, but every once in awhile I have to be a mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home