/> Raising Angels: Update

Monday, August 13, 2012

Update

Thought I was back on a roll with the whole blogging thing but then, well, life happened.

It's the end of the summer and the kids are requiring more, ahem, refereeing every...single...minute.

Then those darn Olympics came and I'm admittedly a sucker for all things Olympic (provided it's the U.S.of A. I'm rooting for) and will watch any sport in support of my team. They only come once every four years and I'm also a sucker for the whole history in the making side of things too. So watched them we did and the midnight ending time, it did nothing for my dreams of being well-rested and caught up on writing.

I'm having the third of only the doctor knows how many vein surgeries tomorrow at 5:30AM. Seriously, I'm not sure what those people were thinking with these surgery times. My last two were at 4 and 4:30 AM so I guess this is a slight improvement. I lobbied for a later time due to having to have someone come over and sit with the kids that early and it got me nowhere. Nelson said he's putting his foot down tomorrow in order to try to get a time for the Friday one that comes sometime after the sun rises. We'll see.

Having been really healthy my whole life, the whole being out for a surgery, even though it was a quick one, scared the living daylights out of me. But I did better for the second one and I'm actually excited about the two this week. Since I was pregnant with Mackenzie I have had trouble with vericose veins. With each pregnancy they got worse but always subsided after I gave birth.

Until I had Max.

I used to think vericose veins were about vanity. Let me tell you though, they hurt. I mean when mine hurt, you'll find me washing dishes with my leg on the counter, driving the car with my leg propped up by the window, or worse, having to stop everything to lay down and put my legs up over my heart. They prevent functionality, which is not acceptable.

Tomorrow they're fixing the ones that hurt the worst and I'm hopeful it will be life-changing for me.

If you happen to be up at that awful hour of the morning tomorrow, I would appreciate your prayers. If for nothing else but that Friday's surgery gets scheduled a little later.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not on a "role" with blogging but on a "roll". Surely someone with your background should know that.

7:58 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

I'm reading this post-surgery Tuesday, but will offer prayers for Friday and for success overall. I can't imagine how you could do life with that kind of pain, so I really hope it helps.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Mom Nages said...

I have a standing date with my youngest about 3 am every morning. You'll be at the top of the pryer list until Friday!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Anonymous, noted. Thanks!

Ladies, thanks for the prayers.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home