/> Raising Angels: Crafting Away

Monday, November 21, 2011

Crafting Away

I did a little crafting over the weekend. I see things in magazines and online all the time and think, "Hey, I could do that." Only problem is I almost never do.

I have loved arts and crafts ever since I can remember. In fact, most of the things I still love doing today have some element of creativity to them. As I've gotten older, it's been harder to allow myself the time to be creative. I've also become a bit more practical and look at cute things and think, "Yes, I could do that...but what would I do with that?"

Well last week I found out I had to contribute a few things to the school's Christmas Festival, so in a way, I was forced to craft. Right, twist my arm.

Here's the project. I picked up some canvases, chalkboard paint, puff paint and felt from Wal-Mart. Then I primed the canvases with some primer we had.




Next, I rolled on some chalkboard paint. Okay, we rolled on some chalkboard paint.




Max was more than thrilled to lend a helping hand with the paint and I'm happy to report that it all stayed on the canvas.





If you don't count drying time, so far time invested is 20 minutes.





The next step was adding the puff paint border. After all, what chalkboard doesn't need a little bling? I also cut out the felt pennants and sewed them onto some glittery rope.





I simply tacked the pennants to the back, wrote a Christmas message on the front and tied it up with some twine. And...tah dah - cute Christmas chalkboards!


I love this craft because I can really see someone being able to use this as a cute chalkboard in the kitchen for the grocery list, near the phone for messages, or by the desk for homework.

And to think I still have almost a whole can of chalkboard paint left. The wheels are turning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home