/> Raising Angels: The Kid's Got His Place in this Family and He Knows How to Use It

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

The Kid's Got His Place in this Family and He Knows How to Use It

We have a few food rules around here. The first of which is that the kids have to try everything...every time we serve it. The second is that if you don't eat dinner, you don't get anything to eat after dinner. Easy.

Tonight, for whatever reason, Max decided he didn't want dinner. It wasn't that he didn't like it; he just didn't feel like eating it. I had made some cupcakes earlier in the day so I tried to bribe him by telling him he could have a cupcake if he finished, but he responded, "I don't want a cupcake. I'm full."

As the kids filed into the kitchen to trade their empty plates for a cupcake, Max looked a little jealous. He stood and watched the boys devour their cupcakes as I washed the dishes.

I felt a tug on my leg and looked down to see Max's baby blues the size of saucers (think Puss 'N Boots from Shrek...seriously). "Mama?" he asked in the sweetest tone he could muster. "May I please have a cupcake," and then there was the pause for dramatic effect, "because you love me so much?"

Tonight, that kid got his cupcake.

1 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

I would have done the same, probably. Lily chose not to eat her dinner last night. Usually we do not let the kids eat anything later if they don't eat dinner, but we all suffer if Lily gets hungry. So she got plain bread. That's as mean as we can get. ;)

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home