/> Raising Angels: One Person's Trash is Another One's Treasure

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

One Person's Trash is Another One's Treasure

Last week as Max's therapist was leaving she asked me if I had a little slide that Max could use. The ladder would help build his strength and sitting and sliding would help with his balance.

That's not something I've ever had and when I told her that she suggested putting it on the Christmas list. I knew those things are not cheap and I got a tad overwhelmed at the thought of pouring a big chunk of the Christmas budget into one item.

As I was walking her out to her car I looked across the street and saw that my neighbor had a slide just like the therapist had suggested. It was in her front yard right next to her trash can.

I ran back inside and called to ask her if she was throwing it away. Her husband had taken it apart to try something that didn't work and it was just too dirty to put back together.

I asked her if she minded if I took it and tried to put it back together. When I went over to look at it with her it was truly filthy. I actually thought about leaving it with the trash. Was it really worth the effort it was going to take to get this clean enough for use?

I'm happy to report that after borrowing a pressure washer, we have a slide that according to the therapist "is just perfect for Max."

And just like that, God provided. In fact, He provided before I even asked. He gave me something bigger and better than I would have purchased. He didn't have to do it, he just did. He could have made me wait, but He didn't.

Through one friend's generosity, I experienced a miracle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home