/> Raising Angels: Oh, Those Lazy, Crazy, Days of Summer

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Oh, Those Lazy, Crazy, Days of Summer

I had big aspirations at the beginning of this week. This is our last week of summer so I had visions of starting to buckle down - work on getting bedtimes in gear, starting a few mornings early and the like.

Monday morning half of the crew was still at the breakfast table in pajamas when Max's therapist arrived at 9:30. Last night, after dinner, Nelson went out to the garage for some work and the boys and I followed. The weather was cool, the bikes were going - it was too much fun to call anyone in.

Today Mackenzie received the game Uno. So after the gang mulched the yard and I went for a run, we sat around the kitchen table and played. It was after 9:30 when we got them to bed.

Suffice it to say that I have changed my philosophy. In a mere 6 days it will be back to the grind of schedules and carpools and bedtimes. We'll deal with those things when they get here. Until then, we will milk every last moment of this wonderful summer together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home