/> Raising Angels: When the Pigs Flew

Thursday, May 07, 2009

When the Pigs Flew

I come from a very athletic family. My dad was an athletic director and coach and I grew up on the soccer field, basketball court and hockey rink. Nelson grew up playing football. Since we had Aiden this difference has come up quite often.
Nelson tells me that our sons will never play soccer because it's a wimpy sport. Then I tell him that if he wants our kids to fit in around here, they will play soccer. It's what they do in the backyard, at recess and after school. He has been adamant that this would not be the case.
And then there was today when Nelson came to watch his son play soccer and ended up filling in for his absent coach. Not only did he coach the game, but he also led the team to a tie (the first non-loss of the season) as well as the team's first goal.

Thank God I had the camera.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hay Nelson way to go i have always told you that you were an natural soccer player/coach but you have just been in denial all these years and it great that you are finally are coming out of the closet about love of the game . call me and i can give you some more pointer on the game, also i am stating up a men team next week and we could use you .
ps
JUST THINK IT ALL STARTED WITH TRIP TO ENGLAND AND EPL GAME

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home