/> Raising Angels: A Glory(ous) Day

Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Glory(ous) Day

The Glory Run not only raises money for our school, but it's also a fun family event.
Dawson ran his heart out in the Tot Trot.
Aiden ran his first mile in ten minutes which I didn't think was possible. He did not enjoy training at all, but he did great today.
Aiden was very proud of himself too. Although he was disappointed he didn't win a medal. He couldn't figure out why Nelson, who ran with him, won one and he didn't.
Mackenzie completed her first 5K and was amazing. We trained so hard but never did more than 4K and it took us forever. I tried to talk her into doing the mile but she was determined.
Today she was amazing and completed the 5K ten minutes faster than any of our training sessions.

She won first place in her age division and I was so proud. I think she actually had fun. I also think she may be a bit sore tomorrow.

It was a very fun day. It was such an honor to run that race with my daughter. It was so fun watching my husband and sons race. I've come a long way!

3 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

Yea for everyone! I like your shirt.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations...all you guys!
And, Mackenzie...1st place! WOW!You are all winners.

Love,

Damma and Papa

11:40 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks so much. And the shirt was part of our training groups' motivation. I like to wear it to remind myself that I actually did it.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home