/> Raising Angels: We're Getting Our Move On!

Monday, March 10, 2008

We're Getting Our Move On!

It's the final countdown. Beginning on Saturday, we started unpacking things in the new house. Even though there were some things needing fixing for the inspector's approval, we decided to take advantage of getting the job done one step at a time.

We've had some wonderful help. Sunday we did more unpacking and today I cleaned up for the furniture deliveries. I can't tell you how excited I was to see my first furniture purchases carried into the house. Can it really be that we're getting that close?

I'm EXHAUSTED. Two weeks of taking it easy followed by three days and nights of the rubber hitting the road have sucked the life out of me. Tonight more help came and this house is almost cleared out. And...according to Nelson, this will be the last time we sleep here.

THE LAST TIME?! I must have asked him at least four times, "Are we really going to spend the night there tomorrow?" It all seems so surreal.

Someone asked me what I was going to do the first time I slept in the house. How would I feel? What would my reactions be? I think that my head will hit the pillow while tears roll down my cheeks...and then I will pass out. It's been like I've been running a marathon for the past two and a half years and now that the finish line is in sight, all I want to do is lay down on the road and go to sleep.

But I'm not going to do that. I can't quit now. The end is near. The end is here. Tomorrow is THE day

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Celebrate and then get some sleep ;o)

11:06 PM  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

That's terrific!
May your family be very blessed in your new home, with many years of health and happiness there.
And when you get there, PUT UP YOUR FEET. Take it slow. You have a whole lifetime there.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Mrs Marcos said...

I can't wait to see pics of the finished house! Seems like we were just seeing the concrete poured (ok, so time probably went faster for those of us watching than for those of you working on the house).

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This marathon is better because you can actually say "WE did it"! Congratulations Amy. Can't wait to see pics.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home