/> Raising Angels: One Week Old!

Friday, February 29, 2008

One Week Old!

Dearest Little Max,
One week ago you came into this world on the perfect day. The doctor wanted to induce me, so you started coming on your own and I was in labor when I reached the hospital. It was confirmation to me of God's word that you would come on an easy day and time to remember 2/22 at 12:12.

Your birth was amazing and peaceful. And it doesn't matter one bit that you are number four because you are every bit the miracle that your sister and brothers are. It was love at first sight. You are beautiful and I thank God every day that you are mine. Just like these flowers that accompanied your arrival, I could never get enough of you.

These seven days have been wonderful and exhausting. You and I often yawn simultaneously. However, when I hear your sweet voice in the wee morning hours and it's just the two of us together, I watch you eat and am amazed at the gift I've been given. How could anyone be more blessed than me? You are peaceful, healthy and mine. You have given your Daddy and me another opportunity to be co creators with God. What an awesome responsibility that is. Another tiny soul sent from Heaven to draw us closer to God.

Your funny faces already make all of us laugh. The peace on your face is like that of an angel. Your fleeting smile and big dimple warm my heart. I could literally spend all day just watching you.

Every day, every minute is a gift. Every event, every milestone is a first. How is it possible to love someone so much who's never said a word and has only been here for seven days? A better question is how is it possible not to?

I love you, Mama

7 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

YUP.
All that can be said to this is: I can relate. All so true.

What a cutie!

9:16 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

Well, that is beautiful. I hope I'm able to put together such coherent thoughts one week after delivery. I hope things are going well for you guys (saw you in Faith and Family mag!).

12:03 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

I always get a little melancholy at the one week date. Something about the birth still being so fresh in my mind, combined with the hormones and being stuck in the house for a week.

I'm so grateful for this blog which allows me to record these moments for the kids, when the baby book feels like such effort.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max is so precious Amy! Will he be the first nephew baptized by Fr/Uncle Aaron? How cool is that!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Yes, he will be the first in the family to be baptized by his uncle. Very cool indeed!

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, I just read your interview in the latest Faith and Family magazine edition about family size. How sweet. It was a nice surprise to see a friendly face in such a quality magazine. How humbling and brave for you all to share your own parenting and family size insights with all the readers.

Peace,

8:37 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks Michelle. I don't get that magazine but when they asked for input for that article, I was great with child and the topic was very fresh for us. I'm glad I got the chance to do it and I'm hoping they send me a copy in the mail.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home