/> Raising Angels: A Good Day!

Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Good Day!

Remember how I told you I have the best friends in the world? This morning, as I was packing up my non-maternity clothes I got a call from this friend. She asked, "Can I cook you dinner tonight?"

This is a friend who is also pregnant and has tons on her plate but she read my blog and thought to herself that she could cook for me. I tried at first to turn her down saying that I had enough left over from last night, but she was sweetly persistent. Then I remembered the promise I made to myself and my husband about accepting all the help I am offered. I thanked her and graciously accepted.

After I hung up I nearly cried. Why is it so hard to ask for help? What did I do to deserve such wonderful people in my life? God is so good. In another hour my folks came by and picked up the kids so that I could have a few hours to do whatever I needed to do.

By the end of the day I had managed to pack 8 boxes, eat a delicious meal, and have my kids in bed before 8.

The nights are hard, but oh, what a wonderful day it was. As always, God comes through in the most astounding ways when you are in your greatest hour of need. Thanks be to God...and Dianna...and mom and dad...and Nelson!

5 weeks and 4 days to go...I CAN do it!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruby said...

OH BOY - I share in your last few labourious days. But.. rest assured when you hold that beautiful babe in your arms for the first time - you will cry tears of joy and all this will be worth it. As moms we are called to suffer with Christ and then share in His Redemption.
I will say a special prayer for you.. stay strong.
Blessings... Ruby

8:01 AM  
Blogger My name is Dianna said...

I hope it was good! I prayed that it would help:)

8:27 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Ruby, keep sending up those prayers! Thanks so much for the great encouragement. And, yes, I think I will cry harder when I see this baby more than any of the other three. His or her birth will mark the end of an era and the beginning of a wonderful new stage!

Dianna, help it did indeed! The kids (and Nelson and I) especially loved the banana pudding:). Thanks again.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

If i lived close by, I would bring you dinner too.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks Lassie. I would have taken you up on your offer :)!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home