/> Raising Angels: A Busy Weekend

Monday, January 07, 2008

A Busy Weekend

Well I made it through a tragically busy weekend.

Friday was the first day all three kids were back in school so I had to get back on track with the new house completion tasks. While the boys were at school, I picked up the remaining tile from two places and then called in the reserves (thanks Dad!) to unload them at the house for me. While there, I counted all the places we need cabinet knobs so those can get ordered. I searched for a vanity for the half bath and bought presents for two weddings.

After picking up the boys, Nelson met me at an appliance place and we looked at a deep freezer and washer and dryer. On the way home I passed a shoe place that he told me to stop by because of a mega sale they were having. When I finally got home, I was exhausted so I popped some popcorn and plopped everyone down in front of the TV for some down time.

It was around 5 that I got the fated call - the realtor was bringing someone by to look at the house on Saturday at 3. My loving husband suggested making some calls to hire someone to come and clean for me but it was too late, I was already totally in a tailspin.

By the time he got home, I was in tears. "I just can't do it," I told him. "I'm clearing away what I can only to have to sit and take a rest every 45 minutes or so. How is it all going to get done?" He very lovingly calmed me down, told me I was doing a great job and suggested we all go to the homecoming games so I could detox for awhile.

When we got home, he put the kids to bed and then stayed home to help me with the heavy loading (all those boxes I had already stacked up to go over to the new house). Saturday morning the mother of the girl I had hired called and said, "Why don't you have Nelson drop all three of the kids off when he picks up _? I can watch them for as long as you need."

An hour before the realtor arrived my mom and brother came over to move things and sweep up the porches and breezeway for me. I skipped the wedding because I could no longer stand up. However, the house was ultra clean and the realtor said it showed great.

Over the course of the weekend, three different friends called me and said they want to help. Totally out of character for my "I can do everything myself" alter ego, I said yes to all three of them.

In the midst of this, I realize that my most important task is to provide a safe environment for this little soul to finish growing. The last thing I want to do is to force myself into premature labor or get put on bed rest for the next 8 weeks. What I'm able to do, I will do. I will ask for help when I need it (really... I will). I will sit down and rest when my body tells me its time.

God knows all these things. His timing is perfect, not mine. Before the baby or after, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I have seen so many times that God gives you what you need when you need it (for example, all the unsolicited help this weekend). I trust that He will not let me down now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home