/> Raising Angels: Sometimes Laughter Really is the Best Medicine

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sometimes Laughter Really is the Best Medicine

Tonight I went into our local drugstore in search of a remedy for the acid reflux that has been keeping me up until 2 a.m. every morning for a solid week

After dinner and a special blessing from my brother, Fr. Aaron, I felt hopeful that something would change tonight. I found two things that had been recommended, one of which was not on the list of things my doctor told me to try.

I decided to wait for a consultation from the pharmacist because I don't want to do anything that would harm this precious baby. After standing at the counter for some time, one of the girls in the pharmacy asked if I had been helped.

"I just have a question," I said in a bit of desperation feeling the acid beginning to bubble once again.

She told me the pharmacist would be with me in a minute and that he was the one on his knees behind the counter. I peered over to see that he was indeed on his knees.

He looked up at me and said, with a slight chuckle, "I'm just back here praying for healing for all the people coming in tonight."

I laughed and replied, "Well, PLEASE send some up for me. Although...I don't think healing will help me at this point. What I need is deliverance!" I said beginning to really laugh.

"I think you mean delivery," he replied and then laughed so hard that he almost fell over.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruby said...

I know the feeling - acid reflux is the worst!! - With my last son I felt as if the acid would bubble right out...LOL. Try so have some whole milk - it feels very soothing -at least for a while. I even used to add some ice cream to the milk... feels as if it cools you down inside...
Be blessed... Ruby

4:06 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks for the blessing Ruby...and for an excuse to have a vanilla shake:)!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home