/> Raising Angels: The End is Near

Friday, January 25, 2008

The End is Near

Last night was a better night because of the medicine. I think I was asleep sometime after midnight rather than 2 a.m. so that's a start. Each morning I awake a little more tired and a lot more sore. Each day I move slower. Every simple task, such as actually cooking dinner, gets me out of breath. It's hard.

I went back in my archives to July, when I was in the throws of all day "morning" sickness and read how sure I was that things would get better. I was certain I'd get my energy back and feel better. That was seven months ago. It's a good thing that I didn't know then what I'm living through now.

Even so, with each day that passes I know I am one day closer to delivery. I am one day closer to finally meeting this baby. One day closer to not being pregnant anymore. I can tell this by the calendar. I can tell this by the fact that when the baby moves, I have to stop at times because it feels as if it might actually punch its way out of my body.

Today at the boys' school we saw a newborn sibling of one of their classmates. She was so very tiny and cute. Aiden peeked at her in her seat and said only, "Wow!" in the cutest whisper ever. And it is in moments like this that I almost cry with joy.

This very long season of house building is almost over. This pregnancy that is taking forever is almost over. We are about to welcome a new member into our family. A little soul who will be loved and cherished simply because it is ours. A new face to kiss. A new person to love. A new personality to get to know.

Sometimes I wonder what life will be like when this season is over. What will I do with all of my "extra" time? And today I answered that question. I will sit in my new house, hold my new baby and just be with my family for awhile. I will count my blessings and thank God that He carried me through one of the hardest seasons so far.

2 Comments:

Blogger My name is Dianna said...

Can I bring you dinner tonight? It will be something hot and simple...but, I would love to do it...i'll call you:)

11:13 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

I'm so sorry this pregnany has been hard for you. It certainly reminds me of how blessed I am to have little to no issues. I can relate to the baby moving a lot and painfully. I'm constantly wincing as he/she finds a new tender spot to abuse. I try to remind myself to be grateful for every movement I feel. And I'm always catching my breath these days-just talking seems to take it out of me! Anyway, I can't wait to know what you have and will pray that these last few weeks will go as smoothly as possible.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home