/> Raising Angels: Self Censoring Ignored

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Self Censoring Ignored

This morning at church I was greeted by a friendly acquaintance. "Wow!" she said staring at my protruding belly. "You really have ballooned out!" She then proceeded to rub my belly.

Now I'm not sure what possesses people to say things to pregnant women that they would NEVER say to anyone else, but I can assure you of this - I don't know any pregnant woman who relishes the big belly comments.

Believe me, I don't need anyone to remind me how big my belly is.

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

YES, it is VERY annoying.

But, I have to admit, I do love to see pregnant bellies (on OTHER women)!

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you look perfectly beautiful - as you have with each and every pregnancy. Damma

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,

Am I the guilty party?

I love pregnant bellies (mine and others'). I showed early and loved to wear clothes that accentuated the fact that I was carrying a baby and thrilled to be doing so.

You look great!

Kelly

P.S. I do not like looking pregnant post-partum. Really, really soon I'm going to start working on this spare tire of mine.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I too didn't mind hearing that my belly was expanding (good news for the baby!). As long as no one is saying anything about your other body parts. You look great! Enjoy it all -- it's over before you know it. xxoo

12:34 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Ah, I used to not mind these comments at all with the other three pregnancies. I think it was a combination of the term "ballooned" and my hormones being all out of whack!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home