/> Raising Angels: Omniscient Mama

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Omniscient Mama

We have one rose bush in our yard and it grows up our front porch railing. Because it is so close to the street, the kids are not allowed in that part of the yard if I'm not out there.

Today the boys were playing outside while I whipped up a big pot of chili. Aiden came bursting through the door with a pink rose in his hand. "Mama," he said, almost breathless, "look what I got for you from the fron...no, I mean, the back yard!" He extended his flower as the smile spread across his face.

"Aiden," I said cautiously weighing how to unveil the lie without totally ruining his attempt to impress me, "thank you for the beautiful flower, but you know you're not supposed to be in the front yard for any reason."

He stopped and looked at me with total amazement and awe. "How did you know I went in the front yard?" The evidence was still in his hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home