/> Raising Angels: About the Burn

Monday, November 05, 2007

About the Burn

Friday night I was in charge of a bonfire for Mackenzie's Little Sisters' Group. After praying for everyone's safety, the first order of business was to let the girls roast their own hot dogs.

The girls all lined up with the coat hangers so I could put a hot dog on it for them. One girl thought it would be a good idea to "clean it off in the fire". However, she failed to tell me that.

As you can see here, I grabbed the hanger to put on the hot dog and it took a few seconds before I realized what was going on. I had no idea that it would be hot.

I held an ice cube for the rest of the evening and then was up in pain for several hours that night. I finally fell asleep holding a Ziploc bag of ice which was the only thing that seemed to help.

Needless to say, I am not much of an expert when it comes to campfires and cooking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home