/> Raising Angels: A Day in the Life

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A Day in the Life

7ish - Up and at 'em. Feed and dress the troops and myself.

8:15 - Prayers and carpool.

8:45 - Back home to finish getting ready and pack the boys' bags.

9:15 - Take the boys to school.

9:40 - Head out on a multitude of errands. I picked up thank you gifts, looked for a kitchen sink and the final tile, ran to the mall to pick up compression hose for my aching legs, returned other things and grabbed a bite to eat on the run.

1:30 - Pick up boys from school and got a call from the paint store on the way home.

1:45 - Turn the car around for a 30 minute drive to the other side of town in heavy traffic.

2:15 - Arrive at store and wait for them to mix the remaining 20 gallons of paint.

3:40 - Pick Mackenzie up and take her home to change clothes then pile everyone back in the car and take them to Catechism class.

4:00 - Pull in the parking lot and realize that class begins at 4:30 not 4:00!

4:05 - Take paint over to house and label half the remaining walls while waiting for someone to help me unload it.

4:25 - Take Mackenzie and Aiden back to class. Head back to house to finish labeling and get paint unloaded.

5:00 - Head back home with Dawson and bake a cake from scratch.

6:00 - Pick up Mackenzie and Aiden.

6:15 - Arrive back home to feed kids dinner and make frosting for cake. Throw cake together and pack up again.

7:00 - Family prayers at a friends. Pray and eat cake (homemade banana cake with caramel frosting and toasted pecans - a big hit).

8:00 - Head home and throw all three in the tub. Brush teeth, pray and put kids to bed.

8:30 - Clean up cake mess in kitchen and pack Mackenzie's lunch for tomorrow.

9:15 - Remember the load of clothes I washed yesterday and put them in the dryer.

9:20 - Blog while waiting for clothes to dry. Sweep kitchen and check calendar for tomorrow.

9:40 - Stress out about having to pack me and the kids for a week at the beach,
my stuff for a cruise the following week, and Mackenzie for a stay at
friends.

10:00- Pray like crazy that next week I will be able to recuperate from the
chaos that is my life.

I'm not sure what time I'll get to bed but I'm certain it will be much later than I should. I guess God knew what He was doing when he planned this week at the beach with my folks and the kids. Then He backed that right up to a supposedly celebratory cruise for the completion of the house. Yep, the one that I stomped my foot and said NO ONE is going on this unless my house is FINISHED.

What can I say? It's paid for and right about now, I could really use an excuse to sit around with my feet up and have somebody take care of me and my baby for a change.

6 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

I got tired just reading that! Rest, please! Take care of yourself. A cruise sounds heavenly, even more so than the beach. How nice that you get to do both.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

Like I said, you need a personal assistant to handle all your errands.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is such a thing as being over committed. I hope you can slow down a bit.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

You'll all be happy to know that today I only left the house twice and forced myself to put my feet up for an hour and a half this afternoon.

Hmm...personal assistant - lassie that's a great idea.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, the Catechism classes the kids do on Wednesdays, are those on top of religion at school and Sunday CCD or does that count for both? Just curious

11:04 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Michelle,

The Catechism class on Wednesday is the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd which is BY FAR the best religious education program I have ever experienced.

Unfortunately, even though the program comes from Rome, our parish has not bought into it, so they do not count it for parish religious education. However, I feel that they are getting SO much more from this program than the parish one, that they are doing both.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home