/> Raising Angels: All of the Hardwork is Paying Off

Monday, October 01, 2007

All of the Hardwork is Paying Off

This is the dining room ceiling. When Nelson told me to think about a coffered ceiling, I had no idea what that was and I was pretty sure I didn't need one. However, after designing one with the trim guys, I changed my mind. When I walked in and saw this for the first time, I fell in love. Eventually the whole room will be this crimson color. It's the only room I decided to go with a different colored ceiling. Looking at the trim, I'm sure you'll understand why.

This is the family room, which is open to the kitchen. I love that I will be able to see the kids in this room from where I spend the majority of my time. Not only that, but I will also be able to see them if they're playing outside. This is the first design element of the house I made sure made the plans. This room is not painted yet.



Here is the stairway leading to the second level, where all of the kids' rooms are. Yet another example of what a difference trim makes. It's not even stained and the walls aren't painted but it already looks good.
And here is the beginning of my kitchen. The cabinets are in, with only one or two changes that need to be made. I can't wait to see this room put together. It's the first room in the house that I really had a design vision for and I'm anxious to see how it all goes together in the end.


This is the boys' room and I love the color. It will also have a "basketball orange" accent wall because orange is Aiden's favorite color and the ONLY thing he asked for in the new house.
Mackenzie's room is, of course, pink and pink. Look closely, you can see it is two shades because she liked them both. It's bright but the white trim and decor will set that off nicely.

Ah, progress!

6 Comments:

Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Pretty! That dining room is going to be gorgeous. You must be so excited to be getting this close to the move-in!

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pictures are wonderful...and i'm sure it looks even better in person. i'm so impressed that you have vision....that's why i have such a hard time changing anything....because i cannot see it in my mind. can't wait to see more!

10:30 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

It all looks great!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is really coming along beautifully - a complete transformation since I last saw it. I really need to get by more often. Looks like the Thanksgiving "goal date" may really be a possibility. Love, Damma

11:01 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Wow, Amy! It's looking GREAT!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks everyone. I am excited to finally be in a stage where I can actually see the progress every day.

As for the Novenmber deadline, I'm certainly not holding my breath. So many deadlines have come and gone. One thing's for sure, it would make for a VERY thankful Thanksgiving!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home