/> Raising Angels: Today It Happened

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Today It Happened

Nelson and I were meeting the ceiling guy at the new house as the other crew slapped mud on the sheetrock. The temperature was at least 100 in the house and we were all sweating. The veins in my legs were hurting so I sat on some plywood. When I got up I gouged my ankle on a hidden piece of metal. It hurt like crazy and then bled the same way.

I went two doors down to clean up and get a Band-Aid from a friend. She lovingly cared for me and then offered to let the kids stay and watch a movie while I finished the meeting.

I went back to the house into a room full of workers and Nelson. I then tripped over a random board. I felt it coming on and tried to escape as soon as possible. I looked at Nelson and said, "I HAVE to go now!"

He was worried when he saw the tears forming. What was wrong? Did I not like the sheetrock? Am I disappointed by the ceiling? Are the tears because I tripped? Was I hurt?

I couldn't answer because it wasn't any of those things. I assured him it was nothing and then got the heck out of dodge. I've been on the brink of a breakdown for the remainder of the day. In fact, I'm typing through the tears now.

Nobody is more frustrated than me. How come I don't even know why I'm crying? It makes me feel weak. What is wrong with me?

It's weird I know because those who know me, know I'm a crier. I cry when I'm happy, sad, frustrated, etc. I don't love it, but I know it's who I am. But crying for no good reason - that's just strange.

I'm now in the second trimester. I don't know if I can blame it on the hormones any more. Honestly, there is no hidden agenda. It's just tears.

Hopefully, after a good night's sleep, I will be able to pull myself together. I don't handle being a basket case very well at all.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Blame it on the hormones. I did, and still do.

I'm sorry you're suffering, but just cry it out. Then eat some ice-cream. You deserve it.

xxoo.

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't there a SAINT you can pray to for this situation???

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps I should have said, "Is there a SAINT...

12:36 AM  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Sometimes it just happens. And it seems weird that you can keep it together through the big stuff but the little stuff just Takes You Over.
Whatever the reason, I don't think you can fight it. I think the best you can do is get some rest and plenty of hugs from the ones who love you.

8:17 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

I would be crying too, after those incidents. Exhaustion sounds like it may be coming into play as well. I hope things improve.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Ah, I think exhaustion is indeed the culprit.

The other part may be the fact that for some unknown reason, sweets have not agreed with me so far this pregnancy. And perhaps, this has added to the tears :).

11:47 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

Oh, I would definitely be crying if sweets did not agree with me. Some days all I want to eat are sweets. Poor you.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home